We're glad you stopped by to learn about the Pleasant Hill Recreation & Park District’s popular school-year preschool program. Pleasant Hill Recreation Preschool has been providing learning to grow on since 1973. We nurture each individual child, planting strong roots in self-confidence, creativity, and academics. Our preschool programs establish the foundation for their future education. We are a part-time recreational preschool program that is exempt from licensure.
What can you do to get your child ready for preschool?
- Work on separation, plan some date nights, classes etc. so your child can learn that grown-ups come back.
- Encourage your child to learn how to open and eat their food independently.
- Teach your child to put on/off their clothes and shoes.
- Teach your child to clean up after themselves.
- Model good manners and behavior.
- Work on following directions and taking turns.
- $200 per family non-refundable annual registration fee
- First month's tuition
- Copy of birth certificate and immunizations
- Current P.G.E. bill for PHREC residents only
For tuition and class schedules please see our "Programs at a Glance" page.
WE ARE AN INCLUSIVE AND NUT-FREE SCHOOL. WE PARTNER WITH FIRST 5, REGIONAL CENTER AND MDUSD TO SUPPORT ALL CHILDREN IN THEIR GROWTH AND DEVELOPMENT.
2023-2024 PRESCHOOL REGISTRATION - Opened 3/31/2023 (email Sarah for availability)
2024-2025 Preschool Registration will open April 8, 2024 online only.
Information on Pre-K vs Transitional Kindergarten
For program availability and registration, contact Sarah Smith, Preschool Director at (925) 771-7626 or EMAIL